November 17, 2009

Blog Slacker

Wow, it's been about one month since we've been home from Cali and I still haven't done much blogging. I don't have a ton of pictures because our camera battery was low most of the trip and the charger was lost. I had to conserve as much juice as I could for the most memorable moments.
We stayed in San Diego for most of our trip. So of course we went to Sea World! It was so much fun. As soon as we got over to the whales we knew that it was well worth the trip. The kids loved it! Sure it's no Disney but there were so many fun things to see and it was a nice change of pace!
As you can see from the photo above Olivia even got very very brave and picked up a starfish...just as the woman presenting said "it is important for starfish to stay inside the water so that they can breathe". She wasn't saying it to Olivia but the timing was funny. Oooops! Mason was pretty brave too. He loved to pet the sting rays. Yuck. I think they feel gross!

The Shamu show....awsome as always! We took a chance and sat at the top of the splash zone. Luckily we didn't really get wet. Whew!

Sadly we only hit the beach for a while the morning we headed home. We found this awesome Greek hole in the wall dive right near Pacific Beach. It was the best Gyro I'd had EVER! It's called Kojacks if you are ever in the area. You HAVE to try it. Next time we'll have to spend most of our time at the beach. It was a beautiful day and the kids loved it. I mean why wouldn't they? It's like a ginormous sand box. Yeah it only took me about 2 minutes once we got home to start looking at beach rentals.

We just can't wait until we can make another trip.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Borland family said...

I can't wait for you to take another trip too! Maybe we can get together next time.

Katie Dotson said...

Coop and I want to come along next time! :-) Looks like it was a blast!