November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Princess! And a secret!

OK, first things first! I am so sorry for slacking so much on my blog. I am trying to get a lot of dolls painted for a boutique next week so free time has been hard to come by.
While we were at Disneyland my little baby girl turned 4! I begged her the night before to stay 3 but alas she awoke as a 4 year old the next morning. What a great day for a Birthday Princess to meet all of her favorite characters (minus Ariel and Cinderella).

Classic picture in the O at California Adventure. I have others where you can actually see the O but I'd rather see these two personally!

After Olivia met the princesses she got to choose a birthday gift from the Faire gift shop. Can you believe it? A princess! (It's actually 2! The dress flips over and you'll find Snow White on the other side!

Because Olivia got to display her birthday pin all day she really felt so special with constant birthday greetings from all of the cast members. The highlight was definitely the parade! Almost all of the dancers told her happy birthday at some point. Olivia pretty much thought the parade was for her. Then they pulled both of the kids out to dance with them in the parade. I just wish they would have turned around for the camera!
Oh, and here's the big secret! shhhhhhhh! (It was actually Darren's birthday that day. Olivia's was the next day but we pretended like Daddy's was the previous day so that Olivia could celebrate like a Princess. I felt kind of bad every time I made a big deal of Olivia's birthday, I'd look at Darren and whisper "happy birthday". What a good daddy. I think it was the best gift for him, to see his little princess feel so special.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mrs. Nettles said...

She is just the prettiest princess I have ever seen. I am so glad she had such a fun birthday!!! Now I am totally needing a Disneyland fix. So cute!!! (happy birthday Darren) :)

Anonymous said...

We were at Disneyland on my birthday too and it was so fun. It was fun to have other people recognize your birthday like that. I am glad that you had a fun time!

I love all the princesses at the top. I can't wait until Madison is old enough to be into them.

Jeff and Jen said...

That's so fun for Livi. I bet Darren was so bummed that he wasn't the center of attention :)

Karen and Joe said...

What a dream party for such a pretty princess! Glad you had such a great trip, made such awesome memories and took lots of pictures :) and happy birthday to Darren too!

Kristi Kroeger said...

What a good daddy to give up his birthday for his little girl! Looks like you guys had a great time. It makes me miss living there.