November 4, 2010

Soccer!

Well the big day finally arrived! I signed Mason up for soccer in August and it finally started in October. I think he asked me about it everyday for 2 months!

The first practice was one of my favorite things ever. I don't think I stopped laughing the whole time! It was hilarious!
Mason is pretty aggresive and does pretty well. Our team tries to share turns kicking off. HA HA, well, Mason doesn't quite understand that part yet. Everytime they set the ball down for the kick off he sees an easy opportunity to get the ball. Seriously he "stole" the kick off from his own team about 75% of the time! And they would just play it. Wow, I couldn't figure out why the coach didn't ever figure out that he needed to hold Mason back during kick off.

One of his favorite things are his chin guards. He thinks they are to protect his legs when he falls down. So, he "falls down" a lot...intentionally. Then he gets up and gives his chin guards a little "knock knock" with a "yep I'm tuff, you can't hurt me" kind of look on his face. He is soooo funny!

Then of course the social butterfly has made friends with one of Mason's teammates. Too bad their friendship makes it difficult for the cute little soccer girl to want to play the game instead of playing hide and seek.
Best of all, Mason puts on quite a show. He has certain faces that he puts on to display his intent, but they are kind of sarcastic. I don't know how well you can see this picture but this is his "I WILL get that ball, move out of my way" face. I love this boy!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hayley said...

cutest thing ever! i love that face!

Janet said...

Oh my gosh!!! LOVE that candid shot! I'd for sure be getting out of his way!!

Bullock said...

Now Mason's super cool in my book because he's a soccer star! We can be soccer buds. I love his face too, what a bottom lip!

Anonymous said...

What a stud! I love his glasses. Very chic. You have beautiful children Sally~